Monday, April 15, 2013

I don't do well with Goodbyes

Today was the last Sunday with my Singles Ward. 

I always used to see myself as a tough person , and not one to be brought to tears very easily, but today definitely proved to me that I have changed. I said goodbye to my singles ward today, and I never thought it would be that difficult, but they have basically become my second family. It was fast and Testimony meeting, and my Bishop asked me to get up and bear my testimony first. I was really nervous, and my mind was really blank, and I couldn't stop crying the whole time. Our fast and testimony meeting was so filled with the spirit that I just couldn't help it. And to top it off I was emotional because I was saying goodbye to a lot of my good friends. 

The day continued with some more emotional and spiritual outings when I had been asked to teach relief society yesterday at 3 in the afternoon. I was very nervous that my  lesson wouldn't work out the way I wanted it to, but in reality, I see now that the Lord blessed my life by having me give that lesson. I learned so much and found so much peace through the message that I received, and the ladies  in my ward are so amazing.

I'm not good with goodbyes, in fact I try to avoid them, but today couldn't be helped. I have been so blessed to have been apart of my ward, and have been very lucky to have made so many friends . 

After church, me, Alisha, Emily and Jackie made a picnic and went to the park. We met a boy who had a pet chicken named Kay, and we all took pictures with the chicken. Then we fed the duckies, which was pretty epic :) 

In the end, we all ended up with our beds in the family room watching the Emperor's New Groove. Last night together and we are having an epic sleepover. I am sure gonna miss those girls. They are fabulous roommates and I will miss their cute faces and good examples in my life. 

Well, I'm pretty tired and emotionally drained which isn't a good combo.

Peace.

Hermana Hansen  

1 comment:

  1. ohhh Hermana. You are not alone. I have cried more in the past week than I have in the past year. I'm a wreck. one more week! We can do hard things.

    ReplyDelete